For why wouldn't I?

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I've become a fan. So please forgive me. But I love this part of the movie The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button where Elizabeth Abbot (Tilda Swinton) tells the story of her swimming through the English Channel. She admits that she wanted to. After struggling for hours she stopped. And hasn't done much with her life after that. Even though at the time, when asked about trying again, she has answered, "For why wouldn't I?".
This is the case with many of us. We give up too soon. While all the time, we were only one step too far.

2 comments:

littletiara said...

oh oh oh! Now you got me! Really, your post inspired me that now I realize not to gove up too soon. Haha, see your little post made someone's day brighter!

Flow of Ideas said...

Lovely idea it was, it is and it will remain forever. Deepa I saw the movie few days back..and there is lot to learn from that...One of the most important point as you have mentioned here is my favourite. Keep watching...keep writing